We make it possible for people to live meaningful and fulfilled lives despite physical and mental handicaps, injuries, disabilities or illness.
We manage the impact of illnesses or injuries on patients and their families through coordinated, complex care, in a person-centric way and with interdisciplinary teams – in the acute setting post-acute setting (physical rehabilitation) and along the whole post-acute continuum of care.
- A commitment to teamwork and acting in a way that strengthens teamwork
- Patient centeredness, compassion, and kindness in all we do for the people in our care
- A commitment to continuous improvement towards excellence
- A safe environment always for our patients, their families and our people
Nurture Health will assist you to achieve your highest level of functioning and
independence following injury and illness as cost-effectively as possible. The
rehabilitation journey is carefully planned with you and your family to meet your goals.
We provide acute and sub-acute inpatient and outpatient physical rehabilitation for people challenged with a wide range of disabilities caused by disease or injuries, including:
- Joint Replacements
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Neurological Conditions such as Guillian-Barre Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, Transverse Myelitis and Parkinson’s Disease
- Brain Injuries
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- General Weakness after lengthy hospitalisation
- Palliative Care
- Weaning Programme for Ventilated Patients
There is a focus on your individual goals which places you at the center of everything we do.
Your family is involved in every step of the rehabilitation journey. In fact we believe this to be a critical success factor and ensures a smooth discharge process.
- On admission a full assessment will be done by the interdisciplinary team
- A Comprehensive report is done which includes the approximate length of stay
- Weekly progress meetings and reports
- Family meeting
- Carer/Family training
- Identification and provision of all necessary equipment Daily therapy
Meetings are held with you and your family to discuss initial assessments, rehabilitation outcomes, and discharge planning.
This provides a platform to discuss your diagnosis, the impact of this on your previous level of functioning and your rehabilitation goals. Any challenges or barriers that may need to be considered when assisting your family with discharge planning are also identified and discussed during this time to ensure that these can be addressed before discharge takes place.
Training will be provided with carers and/or your family members prior to discharge to assist to ensure continuity of care at home.
Thorough assessments will be done prior to discharge to determine what equipment
and assistive devices will be needed to maximize the level of independence and alleviate the burden of care.
In appropriate cases, work assessments will form part of discharge planning to
determine whether a patient will be able to return to work.
These services ensure that you continue to receive the therapeutic and medical
treatment that you need to remain as safe and independent as possible at home and
assist with further achieving a higher level of functioning.
Nurture Health hospitals are fully licensed meeting the requirements of the Department of Health for private hospitals.
We are registered with BHF as an acute and sub-acute rehabilitation facility.
THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE
At the heart of Nurture Health Hospitals lie its experienced interdisciplinary team that are driven by the conviction that the best outcome is reached by clearly understanding the needs and wishes of our patients. Their aim is to ensure that the team works together to deliver the best outcome.
The full time team consists of:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech and swallowing Therapist
- Social Workers
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Admin support staff