Dr. RDD Campbell & Associates Incorporated is searching for a Speech Therapist for our, soon to be commissioned, 45-bed, physical- rehabilitation hospital in Beacon Bay, Eastern Cape.
Nurture Health provides medical, acute and sub-acute rehabilitation treatment for people with a wide range of disabilities caused by disease or injuries. These include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, strokes, neurological disorders, orthopaedic conditions, and other debilitating conditions and illnesses. Our organisation helps people who have become physically or cognitively impaired with the means to lead meaningful lives, regardless of any disability they may have acquired or circumstances they are returning to.
Working within a multidisciplinary team of + 30 employees, the candidate’s primary purpose will be to ensure that their team provides quality, safe care (in a patient-centred manner) that contributes to patients’ activities and participation towards leading meaningful lives.
The ideal candidate for this position is an individual who is:
- Naturally curious
Additionally, this position requires an incumbent who enjoys working in an environment that places an emphasis on a developmental approach to working and interacting with people (i.e., an individual that enjoys coaching others/being coached by others).
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Awareness of evidence base for interventions.
- Computer literacy (medical reports and Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all healthcare professions.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and willingness to ask for help when needed.
- Care Giving
- Patient Advocacy
- Rehabilitation Services
Applicants’ CVs will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Degree in Speech and Language Therapy (community year completed)
- Current HPCSA registration and Malpractice Insurance
- Experience in a rehabilitation environment advantageous
- Special interest / growing interest within adult neurological rehabilitation
- Valid driver’s license with own transport
- Willingness and passion to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Flexibility in work role
- Will be expected to get involved in task teams within the facility
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Candidates with experience in the application of Lean thinking (and the application of Lean tools in pursuit of operational excellence), as well as applicants with previous management experience in a rehabilitation setting, will be preferred.
Suitable applicants will be invited for an interview, during which they will need to demonstrate:
- Their understanding of the organisation and its vision, and the extent to which they embody the values and personality traits required by an ideal candidate for this vacancy.
- Motivation to work in-/an interest in the physical-rehabilitation sector.
- Strong clinical skills, and proven proficiency in the core competencies of nursing and nursing management (including inter alia performance management, as well as budget, stock, and financial management).
- Excellent awareness of-/sensitivity to different cultural/religious practices, and proven ability to incorporate same into their daily work routine.
- Effective teamworking skills (the ability to collaborate, to influence others in line with the organisation’s purpose, and to gain the trust, commitment, and cooperation of others).
- Proven ability to exercise self-management, as well as a high resilience to stress.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and professional groups (both internally and externally).
- Excellent listening skills, and the ability to negotiate with-/persuade others.
- Creative problem-solving ability, flexibility (willingness to change), and the ability to flourish in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent decision-making ability, and the ability to analyse complex issues, absorb information, and translate data into decisions that positively impact the organisation’s purpose.
- Proven willingness to deputise, as well as a willingness to assist colleagues and members of their team in the daily execution of their duties (as necessary to enhance performance and achieve stakeholder satisfaction).
- Proven computer literacy (including but not limited to e-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, and Microsoft Teams).
Applicants invited for an interview will need to consent to a full background check (including but not limited to credit worthiness, criminal history, and inquiries to references and previous employers). Successful applicants will also be required to provide proof of up-to-date SARS-CoV-2 vaccination by date of employment.
The selection and recruitment process for this vacancy will be administered by HealthLynx Health Management Consultants. Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (use subject line “BEA-ST”) by 23:59 04 April 2023.