Our new Ballito facility in Durban is looking for a Speech Therapist to join their team.
- Degree in Speech and Language therapy.
- Current HPCSA registration and Malpractice Insurance.
- Special interest / growing interest within rehabilitation
- Provide speech therapy interventions to patients referred to In-patient and Out-patient facility, which includes acute hospitals.
- Determine clinical diagnosis and provide speech therapy treatment indicated as an independent practitioner.
- Develop appropriate packages of care, giving clinical and professional advice to patients, Carers and other healthcare professionals.
- To be a source of expertise and advice for support staff.
- Available to work on a weekend / public holiday on rotation roster.
Knowledge And Skills
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Awareness of evidence base for interventions.
- Computer literacy (medical reports and Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Training / qualification in neurological / cognitive rehabilitation, including Dysphagia management.
- Registration with SASLHA.
- Experience of working in an inter-disciplinary team.
- Afrikaans / Xhosa language skills.
If you meet the above criteria and have the relevant experience, submit your CV to Samantha at email@example.com clearly marked “STB” with three (3) contactable references of Line Managers you reported to. Should you not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has not been successful.