Dr. RDD Campbell & Associates Incorporated is searching for an Occupational Therapist to join our group practice located within Nurture Beacon Bay’s newly-commissioned, 45-bed, physical-rehabilitation hospital in Beacon Bay, Eastern Cape.
RDD Campbell and Associates Incorporated is an independent group practice that works on an integrated basis alongside Nurture Health rehabilitation hospitals to provide the best care possible. Our professionals are all registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and have years of experience in providing effective, efficient, and patient-centred care in the field of physical rehabilitation.
Working within an interdisciplinary team of + 10 employees, the candidate’s primary purpose will be to ensure that their team provides quality, safe care (in a patient-centred manner) that contributes to patients’ activities and participation towards leading meaningful lives.
The ideal candidate for this position is an incumbent who is humble, naturally curious, self-disciplined, persistent, and who enjoys working in an environment that places an emphasis on a developmental approach to working and interacting with people (i.e. an individual that enjoys coaching others/being coached by others).
Applicants’ CVs will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- The applicant has a degree in Occupational Therapy (as well as an up-to-date registration with the HPCSA—independent practitioner)
- The applicant has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the rehabilitation of neural, orthopaedic, and spinal-cord injuries.
- The applicant’s CV demonstrates that they have excellent written communication skills.
Suitable applicants will be invited for an interview, during which they will need to demonstrate:
- Their understanding of the practice and its vision, and the extent to which they embody the values and personality traits required by an ideal candidate for this vacancy.
- Motivation to work in-/An interest in the physical-rehabilitation sector, and a solid understanding of the interrelationships between inter alia speech, occupational, physical therapy, and other facets of a patient’s rehabilitation programme.
- Good ‘CPD’ standing, as well as appropriate malpractice insurance.
- Strong clinical skills, proven proficiency in the core competencies of therapy and therapy-management, knowledge of the ICF framework.
- Proven clinical-decision-making ability, and the ability to engage effectively with our patients’ primary doctor around admissions, referrals, consequences, therapeutic treatments, and discharges from therapy.
- Excellent awareness of-/sensitivity to different cultural and religious practices, and proven ability to incorporate same into their daily work routine.
- Effective teamworking skills (as well as the ability to collaborate, to influence others in line with the practice’s purpose, and to gain the trust, commitment, and cooperation of others).
- Proven ability to exercise self-management, as well as a high resilience to stress.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and professional groups (both internally and externally).
- Excellent listening skills, and the ability to negotiate with-/persuade others.
- Creative problem-solving ability, flexibility (willingness to change), and the ability to flourish in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven non-clinical-decision-making ability, and the ability to analyse complex issues, absorb information, and translate data into decisions that positively impact the practice’s purpose.
- Proven willingness to deputise, as well as a willingness to assist colleagues and members of their team in the daily execution of their duties (as necessary to enhance performance and achieve stakeholder satisfaction).
- Proven computer literacy (including but not limited to e-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams).
Applicants invited for an interview will need to consent to a full background check (including but not limited to credit worthiness, criminal history, and inquiries to references and previous employers). Successful applicants must have received (or be willing to receive) the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine before commencing employment (proof of vaccination required).
How to Apply:
The selection and recruitment process for this vacancy will be administered by HealthLynx. Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV, as well as ID, Qualifications, Vaccination Certificate, and HPCSA Registration to email@example.com (use subject line “BEA—OT”) by 23:59 on 17 May 2023.
The Employer reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement at any time.