The Nurture Health Group requires a Personal Assistant who will be based at their Head Office in Bloemfontein, reporting to the Legal and Labour Relations Manager.
- 3rd or 4th year LLB student OR student starting articles
- Completion of Law of Contract essential
- Completion of Labour Law essential
- Completion of Principles of Evidence essential
- Completion of Interpretation of Laws would be advantageous
- Completion of Law of Delict would be advantageous
- Computer Literacy Essential (MS Office, Work, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
The successful candidate will be responsible for, including, but not limited to the following:
- Prepares legal drafts by assembling and organizing information for legal forms and documents, including compliance, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Researches law by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using standard print texts and computers; preparing legal memoranda.
- Assembles case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports, and evidence.
- Prepares for trial by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and motions.
- Maintains calendar by entering and updating requirements, court dates, contracts and meetings.
- Protects hospital’s reputation by keeping client information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading legal publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Any other function required by direct line manager.
Furthermore, the individual will work closely with the Legal and Labour Relations Manager and therefore excellent communication skills are essential as well as the ability to take initiative and support team efforts.
- Client Confidentiality
- Client Contact Skills
- Legal Administration Skills
- Legal Compliance
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Documentation Skills
- Word Processing
- Client Relationships
- Analytical Skills with Attention to detail
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing (negotiation)
- Professional & technical proficiency
- Verbal & written communication (including presentation)
- Leading by example
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work)
- Ethical behaviour (honesty)
- Building relationships & customer responsiveness
If you meet the above criteria and have the relevant experience, submit your CV to Liesl at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marked “LPA HHM” with three (3) contactable references. Should you not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has not been successful.
Closing date for applications is 22 September 2020