Nurture Health is searching for a Facility Manager for our 32-bed, physical-rehabilitation hospital in Alberton, Gauteng.
Nurture Alberton provides medical care, acute and sub-acute rehabilitation for people with a wide range of disabilities caused by disease or injuries. These include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, strokes, neurological disorders, orthopaedic conditions, and other debilitating conditions and illnesses.
Nurture Health helps people who have become physically or cognitively impaired with the means to lead meaningful lives, regardless of any disability they may have acquired or circumstances they are returning to.
Managing a facility with a staff complement of + 50 employees, the candidate’s primary purpose will be to ensure that their team provides quality, safe care (in a patient-centered manner) that contributes to patients’ activities and participation towards leading meaningful lives.
The ideal candidate for this position is an individual who values:
- People (and patient centeredness)
Additionally, this position requires an incumbent who is humble, naturally curious, self-disciplined, persistent, and who enjoys working in an environment that places an emphasis on a developmental approach to working and interacting with people (i.e. an individual that enjoys coaching others/being coached by others).
NB: If your application is successful, you will need to undergo training at one of Nurture’s existing facilities (which may be located outside of Gauteng). You must, therefore, be willing to temporarily relocate for a period of at least 2 months.
NB: The selection and recruitment process for this vacancy will be administered by Haven Health Management. Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (use subject line “ALB-FM”) by 23:59 on 24 August 2023. No cover letter is required.
Applicants’ CVs will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- The applicant has a Bachelor’s degree in a clinical or healthcare-related field (with an up-to-date registration with a relevant professional body, if applicable), or, alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematical) or business field.
- The applicant has previously managed a team comprising more than 30 individuals.
- The applicant’s CV demonstrates that they have excellent written communication skills.
Candidates with previous management experience in a physical rehabilitation setting, as well as applicants with experience in the application of Lean thinking (and the application of Lean tools in pursuit of operational excellence), will be preferred.
Suitable applicants will be invited for an interview, during which they will need to demonstrate:
- Their understanding of the organisation and its vision, and the extent to which they embody the values and traits required by an ideal candidate for this vacancy.
- Proven business acumen, complimented by proven organisational, leadership, and execution skills (with the ability to engage and unify an inter-disciplinary team).
- Effective teamworking skills (the ability to collaborate, to influence others in line with the organisation’s purpose, and to gain the trust, commitment, and cooperation of others).
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and professional groups (both internally and externally).
- Excellent listening skills, and the ability to negotiate with-/persuade others.
- Motivation to work in-/An interest in the physical-rehabilitation sector.
- Creative problem-solving ability, flexibility (willingness to change), and the ability to flourish in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent decision-making ability, and the ability to analyse complex issues, absorb information, and translate data into decisions that positively impact the organisation’s purpose.
Applicants invited for an interview will need to consent to a full background check (including but not limited to credit worthiness, criminal history, and inquiries to references and previous employers).