Nurture Health is searching for a Care Worker for our soon to be commissioned, 45-bed, physical-rehabilitation hospital in Beacon Bay, Eastern Cape.
Nurture Health provides medical care, and acute and sub-acute rehabilitation treatment for people with a wide range of disabilities caused by disease or injuries. These include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, strokes, neurological disorders, orthopaedic conditions, and other debilitating conditions and illnesses. Our organisation helps people who have become physically or cognitively impaired with the means to lead meaningful lives, regardless of any disability they may have acquired or circumstances they are returning to.
Working within a nursing complement of +/- 30 employees, the candidate’s primary purpose will be to contribute to the team’s efforts in terms of providing quality, safe care (in a patient-centred manner) that contributes to patients’ activities and participation towards leading meaningful lives.
The ideal candidate for this position is an individual who is:
- Naturally curious
Additionally, this position requires an incumbent who enjoys working in an environment that places an emphasis on a developmental approach to working and interacting with people (i.e. an individual that enjoys coaching others/being coached by others).
- patient advocacy
- rehabilitation services
Applicants’ CVs will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Care Worker certificate
- 2 Years or more experience as a Care Worker within a physical rehabilitation environment advantageous
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Candidates with previous working experience in a physical-rehabilitation setting, will be preferred.
Suitable applicants will be invited for an interview, during which they will need to demonstrate:
- Their understanding of the organisation and its vision, and the extent to which they embody the values and personality traits required by an ideal candidate for this vacancy.
- Motivation to work in-/an interest in the physical-rehabilitation sector.
- Strong clinical skills, and proven proficiency in the core competencies of nursing.
- Excellent awareness of-/sensitivity to different cultural/religious practices, and proven ability to incorporate same into their daily work routine.
- Effective teamworking skills (the ability to collaborate with others in line with the organisation’s purpose, and to gain the trust, commitment, and cooperation of others.
- Proven ability to exercise self-management, as well as a high resilience to stress.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and professional groups (both internally and externally).
- Excellent listening skills, and the ability to negotiate with-/persuade others.
- Creative problem-solving ability, flexibility (willingness to change), and the ability to flourish in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven willingness to assist colleagues and members of their team in the daily execution of their duties (as necessary to enhance performance and achieve stakeholder satisfaction).
- Proven computer literacy.
Applicants invited for an interview will need to consent to a full background check (including but not limited to credit worthiness, criminal history, and inquiries to references and previous employers).
Successful applicants will also be required to provide proof of up-to-date SARS-CoV-2 vaccination by date of employment.
The selection and recruitment process for this vacancy will be administered by HealthLynx Health Management Consultants. Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (use subject line “BEA-CW”) by 23:59 15 February 2023.