Medical Practitioner (Full Time)
If you are a person-centred medical practitioner with great clinical skills, and a good dose of humility who:
- Would love to be a member of a supportive, interdisciplinary team,
- Wants to work in a stimulating, challenging and fascinating work environment, and
- Wants a good balance between work and home life?
We would like you to consider joining us.
Aurora Hospital in Port Elizabeth, is a member of the Nurture Health group of rehabilitation and sub-acute hospital. Dr R D D Campbell & Associates is an interdisciplinary group practice that provides professional services to Nurture.
Aurora provides acute hospital, in-patient and out-patient rehabilitation for patients in a large drainage area in the Eastern Cape. We have 55 beds and a staff of over 100 professionals who work closely together to provide a wide range of patient and family centred rehabilitation services to people with disabling conditions.
Services provided range from managing long-term ventilation and ventilator weaning in patients with complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions resulting in disability, through to orthopaedic and geriatric rehabilitation and palliative care.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Diagnosis, assessment and management of people with disabling conditions on an in-patient and out-patient basis.
- Collaborating closely with other members of our inter-disciplinary team.
- Participating in our assessment, communication and planning system through accurate and timely completion of medical records and reports on our custom-written electronic record system.
- Attending and participating in team and family meetings.
- Working with our medical, nursing and therapy team members to develop and improve the scope and quality human and high-tech interventions we are able to offer our patients.
- Working with the rest of our medical doctor team to provide after hours and weekend cover.
What kind of person are we looking for?
To qualify for this post, you would have to be:
- Patient and family centered.
- An ideal team member – you should be “humble, hungry and smart”.
- Have strong communication skills and an ability to engage with a diverse range of patients and fellow team members.
- Prepared to assume responsibility for the sometimes patients allocated to you, deal with some level of uncertainty and know when to consult and liaise with other team members and with referring doctors and consultants.
- Have a strong clinical knowledge and skill base and a hunger to learn more.
You should have:
- An MBChB and full HPCSA registration.
- A post-graduate qualification in, or some exposure to Family Medicine.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Medical Practitioner.
- Experience of in- and out-patient care, preferably with High Care, ICU or anaesthetic exposure.v
- Your own transport.
- Professional indemnity cover.
- Some administrative skills.
- Leadership Skills.
Previous experience in a rehabilitation hospital would be advantageous, but is not essential.
You will have to be:
- Willing to work on an after-hours, weekend and public holiday rotation with 3-4 other colleagues.
- Willing to be flexible when prevailing conditions and patient care requires this.
- Literate in MS Windows and MS Office.
If you meet the above criteria and have the relevant experience and attributes, submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marked “Medical Practitioner in a Rehabilitation Hospital (Full Time)” with two (2) contactable references.
- Limited to three visitors
- 11h00 – 12h00 Close Family
16h00 – 17h00 Family & Friends
19h00 – 20h00 Family & Friends
Aurora Hospital is a Nurture Health Hospital and exists to inspire, support and equip our patients to lead a happy and fulfilled life.
Find out more about Nurture Health and the other Nurture Health Hospitals in South Africa.