If you are a person-centred medical practitioner with great clinical skills, and a good dose of humility who:
We would like you to consider joining us.
- Would love to be a member of a supportive, interdisciplinary team,
- Wants to work in a stimulating, challenging and fascinating work environment, and
- Wants a good balance between work and home life?
Aurora Hospital in Port Elizabeth, is a member of the Nurture Health group of rehabilitation and sub-acute hospital. Dr R D D Campbell & Associates is an interdisciplinary group practice that provides professional services to Nurture.
Aurora provides acute hospital, in-patient and out-patient rehabilitation for patients in a large drainage area in the Eastern Cape. We have 55 beds and a staff of over 100 professionals who work closely together to provide a wide range of patient and family centred rehabilitation services to people with disabling conditions.
Services provided range from managing long-term ventilation and ventilator weaning in patients with complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions resulting in disability, through to orthopaedic and geriatric rehabilitation and palliative care.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Diagnosis, assessment and management of people with disabling conditions on an in-patient and out-patient basis.
- Collaborating closely with other members of our inter-disciplinary team.
- Participating in our assessment, communication and planning system through accurate and timely completion of medical records and reports on our custom-written electronic record system.
- Attending and participating in team and family meetings.
- Working with our medical, nursing and therapy team members to develop and improve the scope and quality human and high-tech interventions we are able to offer our patients.
- Working with the rest of our medical doctor team to provide after hours and weekend cover.
What kind of person are we looking for?
To qualify for this post, you would have to be:
- Patient and family centered.
- An ideal team member – you should be “humble, hungry and smart”.
- Have strong communication skills and an ability to engage with a diverse range of patients and fellow team members.
- Prepared to assume responsibility for the sometimes patients allocated to you, deal with some level of uncertainty and know when to consult and liaise with other team members and with referring doctors and consultants.
- Have a strong clinical knowledge and skill base and a hunger to learn more.
You should have:
- An MBChB and full HPCSA registration.
- A post-graduate qualification in, or some exposure to Family Medicine.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Medical Practitioner.
- Experience of in- and out-patient care, preferably with High Care, ICU or anaesthetic exposure.v
- Your own transport.
- Professional indemnity cover.
- Some administrative skills.
- Leadership Skills.
Previous experience in a rehabilitation hospital would be advantageous, but is not essential.
You will have to be:
- Willing to work on an after-hours, weekend and public holiday rotation with 3-4 other colleagues.
- Willing to be flexible when prevailing conditions and patient care requires this.
- Literate in MS Windows and MS Office.
Patient centred care allows you to connect with patients and make a difference.
2. Good salary
You are able to earn a salary that makes you feel secure.
Support and training is encouraged to grow and diversify your skills.
Pleasant work environment that is challenging and innovative.
5. Good perks
Paid overtime, medical aid, provident fund, 13th cheque and transport.
Less administration so that you can focus on what matters - your patients.
Working alongside a multidisciplinary team of friendly colleagues and doctors.