We exist to inspire you, to support and to equip you to lead the life you can. We are devoted to making it possible for you to be happy and fulfilled.
That’s what we do, that’s why we come to work every day and that is our commitment to every person who comes to us. We do not judge, we do not blame, we only lend a hand to empower you.
Nurture Harmony has a scientific and medical approach of wellness and mindfulness to turn your life around and we have a great success rate.
We will give you the RIGHT assistance that will stop you from feeling overwhelmed and out of control. You will learn to make better choices and replace old, destructive behaviours with new, healthy habits.
Most importantly, you WILL get your life back and you WILL be able to rebuild strong, healthy relationships with your loved ones!
When you come to Nurture Harmony, you will be accommodated at our facility at Hout Bay in Cape Town. A modern and comfortable facility in a quiet area on the fringes of the city.
Upon arrival, patients are given a detailed guide so that they are familiar with the programme of activities and given an orientation session where they have an opportunity to discuss their treatment.
Patient participation is vital in ensuring success on their journey to wellness. The programme of proven therapeutic and recreational activities are designed to guide patients to recovery.
You will work hard during your time with us. Every day, you will be part of a group of people where you get to share similar challenges in a safe environment. Together you will take part in a busy programme we have designed with our committed goals of assisting you to recover and to equip you to live a fulfilled life.
You will work with a team of professional people who have been handpicked because they all share our reason for existence – to inspire you, to support you and to equip you to lead the life you can and want to live.
You will work hard during the time you are with us. Helping you to be a contained and fulfilled person in the short while that we have you with us, is a big task and responsibility. But, if you give your commitment and energy, it will all be worthwhile, that is our promise.
Our team includes; addiction counsellors, psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers and nursing staff that create, implement and monitor treatment programmes catered to each patients’ needs.
lients enjoy organised recreational activities to serve as a break from therapy sessions, while personal time for relaxation, dining and rest is also an important part of your recovery process.
Our treatment model is based on sound scientific models and the latest research in the field of drug and alcohol addiction. We also make use of the 12 step approach.
The latest research in the field of addiction are showing that most addicts /alcoholics leave treatment with huge amounts of unresolved trauma, which in many cases results in relapse. In week 2 of treatment all clients begin trauma work, and it is an integral part of their ongoing recovery experience.Our programme is designed around four major dimensions that support a life in recovery:
- Health: managing one’s disease(s) as well as living in a physically and emotionally healthy way.
- Home: a stable and safe place to live.
- Purpose: maintain healthy relationships with family & friends, and managing income & resources”
- Community: relationships and social networks that provide support, friendship, love and hope.
The programme focuses on:
- Dealing with denial
- Readiness for change
- Psycho-education on the neurological changes in brain as a result of addiction
- Family and environment
- Constructive recreational activities and options without substances
- Life skills and preparation for discharge
- Aftercare plan
To assist you in preparing for your stay, we recommend that you bring the following items:
- Identity Document (Proof of Identity)
- Medical Aid Card + Details
- Casual and Relaxed Clothing (for all types of weather – May to September is especially chilly)
- World Call Phone Voucher (4 x R50) – Found at Spar or Pick n Pay
- Walking shoes and hat
- Sandals (Flip Flops during summer for beach walks)
- Exercise clothes
- Exam Pad and Pens
- Modest swimming costume (no bikinis)
- Toiletries for full duration of stay
- Cigarettes – if you use nicotine – for full duration of stay
- Prescribed medication
The following items will be kept in safekeeping during your stay:
- Bank cards, medical aid cards, airline tickets, passports, etc.
We recommend that you leave the following valuable items at home:
- Cell phones, IPods, CD players and Cameras
- Laptop computers and electronic diaries
- Sporting equipment and books